The Macrolute Nutrition Challenge Has Come To An End. The winners are Amy Miller, Jeremy Webb (not shown above) and Brandon Charleson who won overall spirit, he too saw great results. Everyone who participated in the Macro challenge saw great results and naming the winners was challenging. Keep on “Macro-luting” and stay tuned for our next challenge.
Schedule Changes Starting This Week – We are excited to introduce Striking into our constantly varied, fully functional programming due to the increase in overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power. With this we will be having a Striking and Stretching Class every Thursday at 6:15p instead of YOGA. The 715p YOGA class is cancelled until further notice. We have also added a Striking Class every Saturday at 8am. If you need a pair of gloves, we have them in stock!
Park City Mountain Meltdown – There are still 50 spots open, sign up ASAP to participate in an epic event that Chris Spealler puts on every year. Not sure if you can do it, here is a teaser and heads up on what movements are going to be at the Mountain Meltdown. As always, be prepared for the unknowable. It’s what makes CrossFit fun! Like any other CrossFit WOD, there are scaling options.
- There will be no muscle up or jump rope (double unders, triple unders, skipping, etc).
- All athletes should be proficient at the squatting movements in the 2017 Open.
- There will not be a “pack” this year for Gnarly.
- NEW for 2017 will be a Trail Run. That’s right, single track fans! Plan shoes accordingly.
- You will run up the 1.3k bobsled
- You will run 400m… up the Ski Jump
- There will be a 15′ Rope Climb in one of the WODs. Gnarly… don’t worry about how well your shoes grip that rope. Wink Wink nudge nudge.
- Beer in a backpack will not count as a “burden element”.
- There shall be burpees. And boxes.
- You should know how to do Thrusters, and bonus points for looking video on the fly.
The Mountain Meltdown is unlike anything that we’re able to do in a gym week in, and week out. It’s a party where hundreds of our closest friends gather in Park City, UT to celebrate our life of fitness. This year is even more special in that it is CrossFit Park City’s 10th Anniversary!
Dynamic Warm-Up – Mobility
Prepare to for..
WOD: “Row then Run for your Life”
500 Meter Row
400 Meter Run
5 sets combo of 1234, side step 2143 (1set)
*Partners complete full rounds, then switch.
(Three rounds per partner.)
* Scale distance and movement accordingly to maintain good mechanics through WOD. Work progression of movement as needed. Ask your coach for help.
ABOVE AND BEYOND
Metcon is optional 3 & 4 mandatory
30 Clean and Jerk 135/95lbs
Zero Bounce Deadlift 4×4
@60-80% of 1RM
EMOM for 10 Minutes
15 Toes to Bar
15 Burpees to 6” Target