“It will not be about the place I take this year. The Open will be a milepost on my fitness journey that I can use to mark how far I’ve come, and celebrate the progress, not just lament how much further I have to go.”
—Greg Lambert, CrossFit Industrious
Why We’re Doing the Open – Denise Thielfoldt and Dallas Thielfoldt
Age: Denise -45 Dallas 15
Occupation: Development Weber State University / Student(Dallas)
Family: Married to Scott and 3 kids, Dallas, Jaedyn and Cole
WODS per week: 5-6
1. How many years have you been CrossFitting? Denise 1.5 years
Dallas – 3 years
2. How many years have you done the Open? Denise- 1
Dallas – None
3. Why did you choose to compete in the Open? Denise “My husband forced me to”.
Dallas – This year they have a teen division.
4. Were you able to do all the workouts? Denise – No
5. What is your favorite part about the Open? Denise and Dallas – Friday Night Throw-downs
6. Are you going to compete again this year? Yes, Scott’s making me and there is now a scaled division!
7. Anything else you want to mention? Denise – For me personally, I was out early because I had to scale, so it was disappointing. I am glad they have a scaled division this year!
Dallas is super excited to compete for his first time!
3 Rounds for time of:
50 Good Mornings 45/33 33/15 15/pvc
50 Ab mat Situps
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level: