Looking for a challenge to keep you burning a few extra calories through the upcoming holidays? If so, join us for the 100 day Burpee Challenge. They’re one of the most efficient, functional exercises you can do. Unlike isolation exercises, burpees are a full body exercise. That means you’ll work pretty much every muscle in your body while doing them, so you’ll actually burn more calories in less time when you do burpees. Do them quickly with intensity and you’ll get an even bigger calorie burning effect that will last all day long.
The Burpee Challenge, should you choose to accept, works like this:
Do 1 burpee today, 2 tomorrow, 3 on Thurs, etc. At the end of the challenge, Letrono CrossFit athletes will have completed 5,050 burpees!
Here are the rules:
1. You can complete each day’s burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day. Burpees with breakfast, anyone?!
2. If for some reason you miss a day (which you won’t), you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day. So, you probably don’t want to miss day 99!
3. If you don’t start the challenge with us today, you can “buy-in” at any time by doing ALL the missed day’s burpees on your first day.
4. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to.
5. For performance tracking purposes, the 25th burpees, 50th burpees, 75th burpees and 100 burpees days will be timed. So on those days, you will need to do your burpees all at once, not broken up throughout the day.
Strength- Bench Press 3 x 10 @ 50% 1 RM
5 Rounds for time of:
10 Toes to bar
5 Chests 2 Bar Pull-ups
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level:
4 Rounds for quality
10 KB step ups (each leg HEAVY 24/20
10 GHD back extensions
10 Strict press @55% 1RM