Olympic Lifting this Saturday will be moved to 7am instead of 6am, due to coach training. Spread the word and plan accordingly.
Krav Maga will no longer hold classes on Monday’s and Wednesday evenings starting next week. They have found a new location that will better suit their growing program.
Saturday’s Group Trail Run – Every Saturday (starting this week) Coach Heath will be heading up a trail run group for whomever is interested in joining! Meet at 8a at Fernwood Parking Lot (up by the Castle house, East of Hwy 89 in Layton). Dogs are welcome with friendly owners Last week a group went up on a trail basis and here is what Coach Heath said, “Thanks to everyone who came out for the group trail run! We had 10 runners and 3 dogs despite the wind. For all the rest of our Letrono Family, join us next time! Don’t be afraid! You don’t have to be fast, you choose your pace and you won’t be left behind! Improve your endurance and enjoy the great outdoors. We are super lucky to be so close to the amazing Wasatch mountain trails. Come explore them with us. Your endorphin’s will thank you later!!”
Dynamic Warm-Up – Mobility
8 x 100m sprint rows for Calories
Rest 30 seconds between sets
3 Minute Rest
8 x 20 seconds sprints on Assault Bikes for Calories
Rest 40 seconds between sprints
* Score is total Calories rowed & biked
*Scale weight of movement as needed for progression and smooth speed through each minute A. Ask your coach for help.
B. MWOD: PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level: Active Recovery Day or do MWOD.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Complete MWOD
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Get out of the gym and go play..