One month left and 50 or less spots left before the Park City Mountain Meltdown. On May 7, 2016 the CrossFit Park City Mountain Meltdown presented by PROGENEX will once again rip through the picturesque ski town of Park City, Utah. With the help from our friends, we’ve created a true 5k for fitness freaks! This event is an expansion of the movements learned and executed throughout the CrossFit Games Open, with rigs, sound and production like a Regionals main event. The total event covers just over five kilometers of track and trail, just over 800ft elevation gain and five or six “quick” and “simple” Classic CrossFit WODs lovingly sprinkled throughout your course. It’s gnarly, but still accessible for beginners with divisions and prizes for Ladies, Men and this year COED 4 Person Teams. Bring your buddies, bring your kids and come throw down with us up in Park City. Register by clicking on the link https://crossfit-park-city.theboxhq.com/events/
Dynamic Warm-Up – Mobility
30 Double Unders
20 Deadlifts 155/110 135/85 110/65
10 Front Squats 155/110 135/85 110/65
*Scale weight of movement as needed for progression and smooth speed through A. Ask your coach for help.
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level: Active Recovery Day or do MWOD.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Complete MWOD
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Get out of the gym and go play..