Thursday is the announcement of the 16.3! Join us at 6pm sharp to watch the live streaming from CrossFit JAX in Jacksonville, Florida, there will be a clash between champions Shawn Ramirez, 41, and Nicholas Paladino, 17.
Week 3 – Show up on Friday representing your favorite Super Hero!!
7:15pm YOGA – Getting ready for the OPEN!
Friday – Super Hero !! Earn your team some points by showing up as your favorite Super Hero!! As of week 2, Team Mindy is in the lead with the most points!!
Dynamic Warm-Up – Mobility
EMOM for 12 min (3 sets)
Min. 1 Max Russian twists 25/15 25/10 10/weightless
Min. 1 Max Double Unders / Singles
Min. 1 Max Dips Rings/bars/box
Min. 1 Max Ball Slams 35/25 30/20 20/15
Min. 1 Rest
“There is a compelling tendency among novices developing any skill or art, whether learning to play the violin, write poetry, or compete in gymnastics, to quickly move past the fundamentals and on to more elaborate, more sophisticated movements, skills, or techniques. This compulsion is the novice’s curse—the rush to originality and risk. The novice’s curse is manifested as excessive adornment, silly creativity, weak fundamentals and, ultimately, a marked lack of virtuosity and delayed mastery. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to be taught by the very best in any field you’ve likely been surprised at how simple, how fundamental, how basic the instruction was. The novice’s curse afflicts learner and teacher alike. Physical training is no different.
” ~ Coach Greg Glassman, CrossFit Journal, Virtuosity by Greg Glassman
Low Back Tweak Fast Fixes | Feat. Kelly Starrett | MobilityWOD
Simple Recipes for Back Pain | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 166 | MobilityWOD
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level: Do 16.3. Or Recovery Day in preparation for 16.3, or do MWOD.
Active Recovery Day… Prepare for 16.3
Mobility and Maintenance
* Complete MWOD
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Get out of the gym and go play..