Progenex – If anyone is interested in purchasing Progenex, we have it available. Hopefully all of your morning peeps were able to spend a few minutes talking to Matt and getting the low down on why you should be taking a recovery post WOD drink like Progenex. Thanks Matt for spending the morning with us!!
Yoga – Tonight at 7p
1) Sprinting will reduce body fat and strengthen you far more than long, slow cardio because sprinting requires maximal recruitment of muscle. After about 8 seconds, sprinting sends acid signals to the muscles, which activates the fast twitch fibers. Fast-twitch fibers are thicker than slow twitch fibers, and it is fast twitch fibers that grow in size when activated by the right training.
2) Sprinting naturally increases human growth hormone. Human growth hormone increases muscle mass, thickens and adds flexibility to the skin, enhances the immune system, promotes weight loss through fat redistribution and loss, and increases stamina.
3) Sprinting strengthens your cardiovascular system with brief bursts of high intensity followed by long periods of recovery. You strengthen your skeletal muscles by doing heavy, low-repetition sets with long recoveries. You should strengthen your heart the same way. Sprinting doesn’t cause the continuous stress on the heart that long, slow cardio does.
Do WOD Active Recovery Day. Come to YOGA at 7p, do the MWOD, or make up a day you missed earlier this week.
*Go see Dr. James Parker, our resident Olympian, CrossFitter and AMIT certified physician at 801-774-0266 Or Alan Kerbs P.T ASTYM 801-896-9624 another resident CrossFitter.
Nancy or Jason Prince at STRUCTURA 801-897-8711 also resident CrossFitters ,to accelerate your healing and get rid of myofascial build up, aches and pains from working out….”
*Walk, Hike, Row, Run , Bike for 15-20mins at a pace you can carry on a conversation.
* Come in and Spend 25-35 minutes working on your Goats- Skill and Mobility work today!!.
. Nutrition Preparation
* Go shopping. Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the week to come.
. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone, could be meditation, yoga or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.