“The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten”. – Unknown
What a great example of dedication and hard work……Cody W. Cody does not miss a schedule WOD, shows up early to class starts warming up & working on his Goats, his hard work has been paying off. Cody says he stays off the scale but he has gone down 4 belt notches and PR all his lifts since he started in September. Embrace your CrossFit Journey CW..
Inch By Inch Challenge Get signed up & take charge of your nutrition destiny, information can be found under the Upcoming Events link http://letronocrossfit.com/events/
Sign up is on the white board.
Barbell For Boobs – Thanks for those of you that made a donation already 🙂 This Saturday at 6a, 7a and 9a we will be hosting Barbell for Boobs. Invite your fellow CrossFitter Friends! Donate here http://fundraise.barbellsforboobs.org/fundraise/team?ftid=26902.
WOD: “Missouri Boat Ride”
Partner WOD 3 RFT each
P1 1000m Row *Each partner will Row 3x1k
P2 BB Overhead hold * Rest is in Front Rack position 45/33
Double KB Complex
3 Rounds of
10 Swings 16/12 Kg
5 Bottoms Up Squats
5 Bottom Up Press
Team cool down, light row, bike, run, PNF or static stretch 5-7 min
Active Recovery Day
A. Skill, Mobility and Maintenance ****This should be done daily as well****
*Go see Dr. James Parker, our resident Olympian, CrossFitter and AMIT certified physician at 801-774-0266 Or Alan Kerbs P.T ASTYM 801-896-9624 another resident CrossFitter to accelerate your healing and get rid of aches and pains from working out….”
*Row, Run , Bike for 15-20mins at a pace you can carry on a conversation.
* Spend 10-15 minutes working on each one of your Goats and Skill work today!!.
* Choose 1 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Supple Leopard book and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Supple Leopard book and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Supple Leopard book and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
B. Nutrition Preparation
* Go shopping. Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the week to come.
C. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you
recharge your batteries.