Boot-Camp Session – Starting on September 30th thru November 18th. If you know of any friends or family that want to get started with CrossFit, have them start out with our Boot Camp. If they bring a friend to join them they will each get $25 off the price for the 6 week session. When they have completed their first 6 week session they will be ready to move into the regular schedule without the cost of On Ramp, this is a $75 savings. For questions call Coach Angi at 801-726-8104 or Coach Jamie at 801-529-2730.
Front Desk – If you have not turned in your paperwork to get your membership converted over to Front Desk, please do so ASAP. We have about 60 of you who have not done so yet! For those of you who have, please check your email to set up your profile! Our go live date is October 1st! Any questions, call Sara 801-620-0595 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Play Care Area – Starting today (Thursday) the Play Care area will be staffed with an adult for both the 9a and 10a classes Monday thru Friday! I want to thank Kat S, Christa C and Mindy for being so willing to help out our community by stepping up to the plate and offering an hour or two a few times a week so the rest of us can WOD with little distraction from little ones during the morning classes.
Saturday October 5th – Paleo Mom’s will be on site with their yummy Balls and Granola. Matt from Progenex will also be on site to talk about Progenex products and give samples! I had the pleasure of meeting Paleo Mom’s at Operation IronWoRX and their Balls were to die for. Check them out on Facebook!
Skill: Running technique
CrossFit Endurance running drills- Part2-3- 4 sport tech
10x 50m Sprints
12 min AMRAP
*Doing one rep of each movement 5x repeat= 1rd 1 min rest between each round
KB Complex and Bodyweight
KB Goblet squat 24/16Kg
Team cool down, light row, bike, run. PNF or Static stretch 5-7min
Recovery Day ****This can be used any day as well****
A. Mobility and Maintenance
*Go see James Parker 541-505-6842 get your AMIT on… * Foam roll out entirebody see James
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WODand spend 10-12 minutes with them.
B. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
C. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.