HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOC! If you have not had the pleasure of meeting Doc, you are missing out! Doc is the kindest, funniest, strongest, “bouncy”, resilient guy I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Doc likes to add gymnastic stunts into WOD’s by falling off the pull up bar onto his back and immediately bouncing back up to finish the WOD. We love having Doc as part of our early morning crew! Have a fantastic day Boyd!!
Layton Half Marathon – Does anyone want to run the half marathon on Saturday? Scott T has a spot and wont’ be able to run. If you are worried about not training for the half don’t let that keep you from running. Speaking from experience, I ran the Huntsville Half last year and never ran more that what we run in CrossFit. It was a true testament to how great CrossFit is. Go put your fitness to the test! Post to comments or see Scott T if you are interested.
2000 m Bike
30 Walking Lunges 45/25#
1000 m Row
400 m Run
10 Ring Dips
Team cool down, light row, bike, run. PNF or Static stretch 5-7min
Row 500 then run 400
Repeat for 20 mins
10 kb swings
10 kb presses strict
10 kb thrusters
Recovery Day ****This can be used any day as well****
A. Mobility and Maintenance
*Go see James Parker 541-505-6842 get your AMIT on… * Foam roll out
entirebody see James
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and
spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD
and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility
WODand spend 10-12 minutes with them.
B. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel
your efforts for the remainder of the week.
C. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends;
the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you
recharge your batteries.