Taylar and Marcus both participated in a Throwdown at CrossFit Iron Muscle in Tooele. Marcus PR’d his deadlift by 20lbs at #445, with a close miss at #465. Taylar took 1st place in the elite division. Taylar PRd’ his clean by #20lbs at 305, 2 weeks ago his best was 265!!! Nice work fella’s!
Challenge of Oppression: Part Deux Letrono Crossfit Performance & Nutrition Challenge May 11th-August 1st – For full details on the challenge click here… Challenge of Oppression Tramgi 2015.
Requirements to Participate:
1) Attend our kick-off meeting on Friday May 1st @ 7pm. We will be going over the rules, dividing up teams, and answering any questions you may have. If you are unable to attend this meeting, but are planning on participating please get with Troy, Angi, or Jamie so we can make sure that you are put on a team.
2) Pay enrollment fee of $60 ($50 for those that participated in the 1st challenge of 2015) in a sealed envelope by May 11th. You may pay by cash, check, or we can charge your account. Inside your envelope along with your payment please include 3 performance based goals. Each goal should be progressively more challenging to attain. Your goals can be skill, weight, range of motion, speed or injury rehabilitation.
3) Body Composition Testing. This is a Bio-impedance test and will provide you with your base metabolic rate and caloric recommendations for maintaining body composition, losing body fat, or gaining muscle mass. This will be performed at Letrono @ the beginning of the challenge. Date TBD.
4) CrossFit a minimum of 4 times per week. If you do not meet this requirement you deduct 10 points from your weekly point total.
5) Follow 12 weeks of nutrition plan (details below)
6) Participate in 3 Team Challenges. Points will be awarded for participation as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3 rd place points. The dates for the challenges are as follows May 29th -30th June 19th -20th July 31st -August 1st 7) Participate in bench mark WoD. This will be performed at beginning and end of the challenge.
8) Track points daily and log them via your own personal journaling method. Turn points in weekly to your team coach by Sunday night.
50 KB snatches red/green, green/blue, blue/yellow
5 ascents of 15-foot rope climb,
40 KB snatches
4 ascents of 15-foot rope climbs
30 KB snatches snatches
3 ascents of 15-foot rope climbs
20 KB snatches snatches
2 ascents of 15-foot rope climb
10 KB snatches snatches
1 ascent of 15-foot rope climb
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level:
2015 Masters qualifier Event 1
Complete as many reps as possible in 5 minutes of:
10 Cleans 155/105 135/95
3-4 sets of 8-10 GHD Sit ups