AND THE WINNER IS!!!!!!! CONGRATS TO TEAM TROY FOR WINNING THE FIRST TEAM CHALLENGE. A SHOUT OUT TO ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE NUTRITION CHALLENGE “JOIN US IF YOU DARE” IT AIN’T EASY BUT IT IS WORTH IT. IT HAS BEEN GREAT TO SEE THE SUCCESS THAT SO MANY ARE HAVING. STICK WITH IT AND KEEP GOING!
FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WE WILL BE SPOT LIGHTING ATHLETES AS TO WHY THEY ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE OPEN. ATHLETES PLEASE SIGN UP! IT IS WORTH IT. I HAVE NOT HEARD A WORTHY EXCUSE YET. IT IS EXCITING, MOTIVATING. IT CREATES AN INCREDIBLE SENSE OF COMMUNITY. IT IS THE TRUE ESSENCE OF CROSSFIT. IT BY FAR WILL BE THE BEST $20 DOLLARS YOU WILL EVER SPEND.
OUR FIRST FEATURED ATHLETES IS:
WHY I AM DOING THE OPEN – LANE WILSON
Family: Afternoon Letrono CrossFit family
WODS per week: 6
1. How many years have you been CrossFitting? 2
2. How many years have you done the Open? 1
3. Why did you choose to compete in the Open? To see how/if I could do it all.
4. Were you able to do all the workouts? I scored on each WOD, even the double-unders which surprised me – the first time doing double-unders.
5. What is your favorite part about the Open? scoring in the double-unders – doing something new
6. Are you doing to compete again this year? yep! It’s just another Wod – isn’t it?
7. Anything else you want to mention? I’ve worn out a jump-rope this year and I’m wondering what I’ll be doing next year.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:
Deadlifts, 10 reps 275/225, 225/175, 175/125
20 ab mat sit-ups, for those wanting or room GHD sit-ups
Competitors or athletes wanting to improve your Fitness level:
30 bench press @80-85% 1 rm
Every time you break you have 20 slam balls 30/20
Referrals – Do you have friends or family members who want to give CrossFit a try but are nervous? Bring them with you the week of February 16th through 20th for a FREE TRIAL WEEK!
CrossFit Open Registration- http://games.crossfit.com/